(Congressional Agenda) – With Harvard University President Claudine Gay being accused of plagiarism, there is a renewed interest in the topic overall, especially when it comes to President Joe Biden, who, it seems, is rather good at stealing the work of other people and claiming it as his own. I mean, that’s what he did with the White House during the 2020 presidential election, right? Some might say the plagiarism is a direct result of his cognitive decline. That’s not the win the left might believe it is. After all, if he’s this mental, he is unfit to serve as the commander-in-chief and should most definitely not be allowed to chase a second term in office.
As per the Washington Examiner, Biden has actually been doing this for a long, long time. In fact, Biden ran for president in 1987, but was forced out of the election after it was discovered he stole words, phrases, and statements that were originally made by a British politician. There have been nine separate cases of this particular uncouth practice. Nine.
And that’s not all. Biden often tells whoppers about his life, embellishing accomplishments and other things he’s been involved with. In fact, all-in-all, he’s lied, publicly, 17 times. The Washington Examiner created a full list of them:
1. Going all the way back to 1965, when he was a Syracuse University College of Law student, Biden lifted five pages of a law review for a legal report. “I was wrong, but I was not malevolent in any way,” he said when caught.
2. In 1987, he was forced out of the presidential race when he was caught stealing lines of British politician Neil Kinnock’s speeches. Maybe worse, he also mimicked some of Kinnock’s mannerisms in a style a reporter at the time called “creepy.” Political author Richard Ben Cramer said Biden knew what he was doing and even had a video of Kinnock to study.
3. Also during that presidential run, he stole lines from Robert F. Kennedy, according to a New York Times review. During his presidential run in 1968, RFK said, “It measures everything in short, except that which makes life worthwhile. and it can tell us everything about America except why we are proud that we are Americans.” Nearly 20 years later, Biden said, “That bottom line can tell us everything about our lives, except that which makes life worthwhile. And it can tell us everything about America, except that which makes us proud to be Americans.”
Number four on the list: During the same year mentioned above, Biden ripped off words from JFK’s inaugural address when he attempted to play off the famous line, “Each generation of Americans has been summoned to give testimony to its national loyalty.” How did Biden’s phrase go? Biden remarked, “Each generation of Americans has been summoned.”
Back in 1987, Biden “borrowed” from Sen. Hubert Humphrey who stated, “The ultimate moral test of any government is the manner in which it treats three groups of its citizens: first, those who are in the dawn of life, our children; second, those who are in the shadows of life, our sick, our needy, our handicapped, and those, third, in the twilight of life, our elderly.” Biden’s version was as follows: “a nation noble enough to treat those at the dawn of life with love, those at the dusk of life with care and those who live in the shadow of life with compassion.”
The New York Post, disclosed that in 2000, Joe Biden yanked some words from an opinion article penned by a federal judge in the Harvard Journal regarding his Violence Against Women Act. Just three years ago, The Washington Post claimed that the newly minted president took wording from several groups, including a word-for-word proposal originally created by the XQ Institute. Biden also plagiarized entire sections of campaign plans cooked up by Sen. Bernie Sanders.
For the 2020 “Build Back Better” theme, Biden essentially just removed the “ing” from Bill Clinton’s “Building Back Better.” I mean, it’s like he’s not even trying to hide what he’s doing anymore, right?
Now let’s take a look at the lies Biden has told about his own life:
1. He said in 2008, a helicopter he was riding in was “forced down” near Osama bin Laden’s lair in Afghanistan. Actually, it was just waiting out a sandstorm, wrote former Washington Examiner reporter Alana Goodman, now with the Washington Free Beacon.
2. He has falsely claimed to be a coal miner and from a family of coal miners, a claim pulled from Kinnock, according to Slate.
3. In 2007, he said he was “shot at” while in Iraq. The truth is that he was in the green zone when a mortar landed several hundred yards away, reported the Hill.
4. Biden said in 1993 that he called Slobodan Milosevic a “damn war criminal” to his face during the siege of Sarajevo. Three out of four aides in the meeting wouldn’t corroborate.
5. Biden has said he was a civil rights leader, participating in sit-ins. Never happened.
6. Biden said he criticized former President George W. Bush in several long meetings. A Bush aide said he couldn’t remember Biden in any meetings and added that the former president “would never sit through two hours of Joe Biden.”
7. The president recently retold how his Delaware house caught fire, almost killing his wife, dog, and cat and melting his Corvette. Fox and the Associated Press reported that it was just a small kitchen fire.
And how can we forget the whale of a tale he told to Amtrak conductor Angelo Negri where he claimed to have flown a million miles. The president went on to say that Negri gave him a good old boy clap on the back, congratulating him for the feat during a train trip to see his dying mom. Biden never wastes an opportunity to make things all about him, does he?
“Biden’s story is false in two ways. First, he could not possibly have had this exchange with Negri: He did not reach the million-miles-flown mark as vice president until September 2015, according to his own past comments, but Negri had died more than a year earlier, in May 2014. Second, Biden’s mother was not dying at the time he reached the million-miles-flown mark. In fact, she had died more than five years prior.” CNN declared of the president’s story.
Hey, he doesn’t just steal your tax dollars, he’ll rip off your speeches too. Lying is as easy as breathing for the Biden family.
Copyright 2023. CongressionalAgenda.com